Instructions for wear for children
It’s great that you would like to give a special gift to a child - every child is individual.
To guarantee the best fit, we recommend that children of 8 years and above wear our designs. Children under 3 should only wear the jewellery under adult supervision, as small parts could be swallowed.
To ensure that the recipient enjoys the gift for as long as possible, please note that, despite the use of high-quality silver and gold alloys, our jewellery items are not completely resistant to impacts, scratches and other damage that can occur when playing and crawling.
All our jewellery items are, of course, nickel-free.
Tips for storing and caring for THOMAS SABO jewellery
Items of THOMAS SABO jewellery are generally made from Sterling Silver. Correct and regular care can prolong the durability of the jewellery.
To ensure you enjoy your precious and beautiful jewellery for as long as possible, you should follow a few basic rules:
- Rings and other items of jewellery should preferably not be worn while working in the house or garden, while swimming (in salt or chlorinated water) or during sports.
- The jewellery should be taken off before going to bed and prior to showering.
- Perfume and hairspray can remove the sheen and the brilliance of the jewellery. For this reason, it is advisable to use perfume, hairspray and other cosmetics before putting on the jewellery.
- Imitation pearls must not come into contact with perfume, make-up or hairspray. Their coating is damaged by alcohol or other solvents. It should be stored separate from other jewellery, ideally in a fabric pouch or wrapped in a soft cloth. This will prevent your imitation pearls being scratched. Please note: imitation pearl jewellery must not be exposed to sunlight. The UV radiation in sunlight damages and bleaches the pearls.
Soap, crème and make-up residues can be removed using an ultrasound device. The ultrasound device should not contain aggressive cleaning agents. For best results, use water and a neutral detergent.
For standard commercial silver dipping baths, only silver jewellery dipping baths must be used. In other words: no silver cutlery dipping baths and no gold jewellery dipping baths!
Immerse the jewellery for approx. 10 seconds and then rinse thoroughly under hot water and rub dry using a cloth or a hairdryer.
Blackened items of jewellery should not be cleaned using a silver dipping bath or polished with a silver cloth as these may remove the blackening.
Items of jewellery with imitations pearls, lapis lazuli, coral, turquoise, mother-of-pearl or hematite are not suitable for cleaning in a silver dipping bath.
Only the silver parts of leather, rubber and silk cords should be cleaned using a silver cloth. Leather and silk cords must not be placed in a silver dipping bath or cleaned in an ultrasound device.
The water resistance of THOMAS SABO watches depends on the model. The scale ranges from simple splash-proof watches (3 ATM) to sports watches designed for swimming (10 ATM).
A water-resistant watch is designed to prevent outside elements such as water, air and dust from entering the watch movement. The watch’s level of water resistance is expressed in »ATM« (»physical standard atmosphere«), a measure for pressure. Buyers can find information regarding ATM on the back of the casing. Please note: the higher the specified value ( from 1 ATM to 30 ATM ),the more resistant your watch will be against water. A watch with water resistance up to 5 ATM can be worn in the shower or bath, but not for diving or swimming. This requires at least 10 ATM.
Water resistance 3 ATM (Water splashes, rain)
Water resistance 5 ATM (Bathing, washing, showering)
Water resistance 10 ATM (Swimming, snorkelling)
The waterproofness is not a permanent condition. Regular wear of the seals or improper use can impair this function.
An annual check of waterproofness is therefore recommended.
Cleaning and care
Please observe the following care instructions to ensure a long life for your watch:
- Please avoid exposing your watch to extreme environmental conditions such as strong sunlight or very high or low temperatures. Extreme temperatures will shorten the life of the battery.
- Avoid wetness unless your watch is designed to withstand it.
- Leather and satin wristbands cannot tolerate wetness and humidity very well. Please make sure this dry at all times, as they might otherwise become porous and brittle.
- Never actuate the push buttons or adjust the crown under water.
- If water or condensate can be seen inside the glass, have your watch serviced by a professional. Trapped water may impair the function of the watch.
- Avoid extreme shocks or blows. Your watch is designed to withstand blows within the scope of normal use.
- Avoid using soaps or other chemicals that might damage your watch. Chemicals, solvents or greases may discolour or damage the casing and wristband.
You can remove dust or dirt from your watch very easily with a soft, lightly-dampened cloth. Please always use pure water only and no cleaning agents. The cleaning cloth should be untreated (no silver cleaning cloth or the like). Do not immerse your watch in water unless it is water-resistant (see information on the case back).
We recommend having the watch serviced once a year to ensure a long life without malfunctions. The water resistance of the watch, in particular, might be impaired through impact or non-professional opening of the casing; it should therefore be checked regularly.
This THOMAS SABO product is subject to Directive 2002/96/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of Europe on waste electrical and electronic equipment, respectively the German Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act (ElektroG). This product came on the market after August 13, 2005 and is not allowed to be disposed of with normal household waste. Please use your local authority's return system for disposing of this product and also comply with all other regulations in connection with this
Throughout the world diamonds are classified in accordance with the 4C principle (Carat, Cut, Clarity and Colour).
Carat: The carat weight is the weight of the stone. The size of the stones in our articles varies depending on the model. You can find the carat weight in the product details.
Cut: THOMAS SABO uses faceted diamonds. Diamonds from the Fine Jewellery Collection are round brilliant cut.
Clarity: Most diamonds have tiny natural features, known as inclusions. Fewer and smaller inclusions permit light to penetrate the stone more easily. The clarity of our diamonds is SI.
Colour: Our white diamonds are colour G/H.
The diamonds in our collections have been purchased by THOMAS SABO from legitimate sources not involved in funding conflicts. They are in compliance with the United Nations Resolutions and are subject to the Kimberley Process certification system (System of Warranties).
THOMAS SABO hereby guarantees that these diamonds are conflict-free based on personal knowledge and/or written guarantees provided by the supplier of the diamonds.
Jewellery storage and care tips
- Store your item of jewellery separately in a fabric pouch or a jewellery case.
- Items of jewellery should not be worn while working in the house or garden or during sport, bathing or showering or while sleeping.
- Perfume and hairspray can harm and negatively influence the brilliance of jewellery and the stones. Furthermore, certain substances (i.e. alcohol or other solvents) can impact and damage the surface of pearls and stones.
- Perfume, hairspray and other cosmetics should be applied before putting on your jewellery.
- Clean your diamond jewellery once a month to prevent deposits of grease, soap and cosmetics.
- Use a special detergent or a small amount of mild neutral cleaner added to a bowl of warm water. For the best cleaning results, gently use a small brush or a paintbrush. Also treat the back of the jewellery (including the setting).
- You can also use an ultrasound device if you have one (please note the instructions for your ultrasound device).
- To clean our items of jewellery (also two-tone items of jewellery), you can use standard commercial silver dipping baths or silver cleaning cloths. No silver cutlery dipping baths and no gold jewellery dipping baths must be used. Immerse the jewellery for a maximum of 5 minutes. Then thoroughly rinse the jewellery with warm water and rub it dry with a cloth. Blow dry it if possible.
TRACES OF WEAR AND TEAR ON POLISHED SILVER AND GOLD PLATED SURFACES
All THOMAS SABO silver pieces are crafted using 925 sterling silver and gold pieces are plated using 18 carat yellow or rose gold.
Please note that traces of wear and tear (e.g. scratches) are more visible on items which have larger polished silver or gold surfaces as on other items. These can occur even after a short time.
External influences like scratches and tarnishing are normal signs of wear and tear and are no material faults!
Store your silver jewellery in a clean, dry place away from direct sun exposure. Please avoid storing your jewellery in damp and hot conditions as this can cause silver and gold plating to discolour and tarnish.
It is advisable to remove all jewellery when partaking in any physical or labour intensive activities. For this same reason, it is also advisable not to wear jewellery when asleep at night.
Skin and hair products such as body lotions, perfumes and creams can react adversely with jewellery causing precious metals to tarnish and/or erode. It is advisable to apply any cosmetic products in advance of putting on jewellery.
You can refresh the shine of your jewellery piece by polishing the item with a silver/gold cleaning cloth.
Furthermore we offer a professional reconditioning service at our workshop. Please note that it can´t be avoided that in process of reconditioning a silver abrasion will occur.
A result of this is that existing engravings could become weaker.