Caring instructions for our watches
A waterproof watch is designed to prevent external elements (e.g. water, air or dust) from penetrating the inside of the watch. The degree to which the watch is resistant to water is expressed in »ATM«units corresponding to the pressure (formerly bar) of the physical atmosphere. Please note: the higher a watch’s ATM, the more resistant it is to water. The water resistance of your THOMAS SABO watch is dependent on the model. The following information about waterproofness can be found on the bottom of the case:
Waterproof up to 3 ATM (splashes of water, rain)
Waterproof up to 5 ATM (bathing, washing, showering)
Waterproof up to 10 ATM (swimming, snorkelling)
The water resistance level might change over time. Regular wear and tear on the seals or improper use may affect the waterproofness. We therefore recommend having the water resistance of your watch checked on an annual basis.
Care and cleaning
In order to guarantee that your THOMAS SABO watch lasts a long time, we recommend to observe the following care instructions:
- Avoid exposing your watch to extreme environmental conditions, such as strong sunlight or high or low temperatures. Extreme temperatures will shorten the battery’s life.
- Watches with leather wristbands do not tolerate wet and moist conditions. Try to keep them dry at all times so that they do not become porous and brittle.
- Never operate the chronograph crown or push buttons under water.
- If water or condensation forms under the glass, have your watch professionally inspected. Trapped water can affect the watch’s functioning.
- Avoid extreme vibrations or shocks. Your watch is designed to withstand shocks that occur during normal use.
- Do not use soaps or other chemicals that can damage your watch. Chemicals, solvents or greases may cause discoloration or damage to the case and wristband.
You can easily remove dust or dirt from your watch using a soft, slightly dampened cloth. Please use only clear water. Do not use soap or other cleaning products. The cleaning cloth should be untreated (no silver cleaning cloths or similar). Do not immerse the watch in water unless it is waterproof (see details on the back of the case).
This product by THOMAS SABO is subject to Directive 2002/96/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on waste electrical and electronic equipment and the German Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act (ElektroG). This device was available in stores after 13/08/2005 and may not be disposed of with regular household rubbish. To dispose of this device, please use the appropriate take-back systems provided by your local authority, making sure to also observe any other regulations in this context.